Bedtime Post

I’m on my way to bed and my inner journalist is already asleep for today, so please disregard any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors in the text below.

Today I spent another day inside the life of a newspaper journalist, and it was fun! After some more phone calls, more trying to figure out the editing programs and an interview where I had the fortune of having an actual photographer with me, I finished my first A-story and left my desk for the day. It’ll be in the paper tomorrow or Thursday.

Over the past two years I’ve done 99.5% or my writing in English, and the other 0.5% writing short texts to my family and Norwegian friends. Most of those texts have even contained loads of slang, abbreviations and emojis, so, like I’ve said before, I didn’t go into this job with the greatest confidence in my Norwegian writing abilities.

When I first came to the US I struggled bigtime with getting the punctuation right. Especially the commas. Because, believe me, the rules are not the same — at all. Now that I’m finally able to nail the English style, (I know this blog doesn’t always mirror that. Especially not on nights like these… when I’m already Zzzzz, but oh well.) I sometimes have to think twice before I put a single comma in my Norwegian stories. Luckily, it came back to me as I started writing today. Thank God :-*

Now I’ll go to bed. Bless you all, Zzzz.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Copyright © 2019

Privacy & cookies | Terms & conditions | Copyright